Well hey there hey! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day and Twelve Days of Christmas! You may or may not have noticed this — because really, I’m not that important — but I done dropped off the face of the Earth over the past two or so weeks.
Here’s what I’ve been up to:
- First and foremost, we’ve had a case of the creeping crud up in this house. There were colds. There were coughs. There was a mysterious stomach-thing that rendered me absolutely useless for a few days. I dealt with my case of the crud by sleeping at inappropriate times and then we dashed headlong into the holidays. I thought we were over it, but Bret and I both felt like we were getting colds again last night. So that’s great.
- Bacteria, viruses and inappropriate sleeping aside, our holidays were lovely. Christmas Eve at our house went really well and Christmas Day was just as peaceful as we could ever want. We even through a New Year’s Eve shindig that left us with no major damages and a lot of leftovers.
- School starts in a week! That’s a pretty big deal, right?
- And now, for some truly exciting news (you may remember from way back when I had a secret). I work at a church now. As part of Loyola’s super swell sponsorship program, I have managed to secure an internship at my parish. All the money I make at work will be matched by the school and be taken off my tuition. (Sweet gig, right?)
- My first big project for my internship is to revamp our Lector Ministry including recruiting, retreats and handbook. So, if you’ve ever been a Lector, or have been paying attention to your Lectors at Mass, I want to hear from you! What should I focus on as I work on this project? Is there anything in particular that you think I should train new Lectors on? (Lindsay, I need you.)
To find out more about what everyone has been up to, scoot on over to Call Her Happy.