1. What’s something you’ve won and how did you win it?
Back in college, I used to play in a lot of pool tournaments. I was something of a pool hall-sitting degenerate. Thankfully, I was also good at pool so I won a lot of 9-ball tournaments, which was cool because I got medals and things.
How did I win those tournaments? Good question!
- I practiced a lot during the day, the night, by myself and with others.
- I hated losing.
- I’m taller than the average lady who plays pool which I do believe gave me an advantage.
- Did I mention that I hated losing?
2. Do you save old greeting cards and letters, or throw them all away? Why?
I throw most of them away, but I save a few. The exception was for our wedding — I still have all of those cards in the swanky card lantern that we have:
I also save cards from special people, like my Grandma. It’s sort of weird, but the closer to losing a person I am, the more likely I am to keep the card.
3. When you’re at home, do you wear shoes, socks, slippers, or go barefoot?
Barefoot. I think socks are oppressive.
During the winter, when our basement bedrooms’ floors get super cold, I’ll wear a pair of slippers.
4. Who’s the most famous person you have ever met?
I meant Clint Black when I was 8 or 9. My Dad was working with him for work, so we went to a lot of concerts. On the night in question, we were somewhere in Iowa and my brother and I wore matching overall outfits. From what I recall, he was a very short, very lovely gentleman.
I’ve also met Stephen Harper, Stephan Dion (I actually worked for him), Kwame Kilpatrick, Earl Strickland, Giada DeLaurentiis and Mitch Albom. (Sometime, I should tell you the story of how I stalked out Mitch Albom.)
Plus, I’ve had lunch with Kendra Tierney.
5. What has been your best work of art?
Check out this wall in our half bathroom. This is my piece de resistance:
6. What’s your strongest sense?
Can I say “sense of righteous indignation?” Is that too smug?
Actually, it’s my hearing. I have bat hearing and an incredible ability to eavesdrop.
Answer Me This is a swanky virtual cocktail party hosted by Kendra at Catholic All Year. You can see all the other (fascinating!) answers here.