- Summer weekends are exceedingly busy. Last week, I went on my epic road trip and next weekend I’m off to Nashville. This weekend, we’re seeing Billy Joel and I have a Pastoral Council retreat. Whew. On the one hand, I like having plenty of things to do, people to see and places to go. On the other hand, it’ll be nice to chill out — and do nothing — for a weekend.
- We’re in the softball playoffs tonight. (ooooo, ahhhh) I’m getting hype for the game by driving out to the suburbs to see my new cousin play in a softball tournament.
- I am, slowly but surely, turning into my mother, complete with black leggings and oversized sweaters. I’m shockingly okay with all of this — the woman has excellent taste in oversized sweaters.
- Last night, I made a dent in the jelly stash by making jelly thumbprint cookies. I would blog about them, but they are honestly the ugliest cookies I’ve ever seen. They taste really good but they are not pretty.
- Bonus thought! Check out this picture my dad sent me: