It’s that time of the month again: Jenna’s hosting tl;dr again! (Speaking of Jenna, have you checked out her shop? You should. Then you should buy me something.) Basically, the whole point of tl;dr is that there are so many excellent blogs out there that it is almost impossible to ever catch up. Tl;dr is a quick way for everyone to get caught up.
So here’s what I’m up to:
- I am so far behind with all the writing that I need to do. These guest posts and that personal statement aren’t going to write themselves, y’know? I’m hoping that a few days on the lake will get the creative juices flowing.
- This whole “stay-at-home wife” thing is aces. The only part that is sort of strugglesome is the hours of 3:30-6:30. If I don’t flop straight onto the couch after work, I’ll get a whole bunch done and Bret will be super impressed when he walks in the door. If I answer the siren song of trashy summer TV, the nothing at all gets done.
- Right now, I’m probably dehydrated. I know, I know, it’s bad. But it’s summer and all I want to drink is beer, iced tea and diet coke.
- Bret just bought me a FitBit Flex. My beloved Jawbone Up was stolen during the break-in and I’ve been missing the big brother influence of a fitness tracker in my life. It should be here today and I’m listening for the UPS man. Does anyone else have one? Do you love it?
- Summer TV rules my life. Chris Powell: come at me bro!
- My mother gave me Betty Crocker’s New Dinner for Two. It’s a cookbook from 1962 that my grandmother gave to her. Expect a lot of congealed salads hitting a Super Swell blog near you.
Check up what everyone else is up to at Call Her Happy!