I didn’t really have anything prepared for today because I have writer’s block or something. Actually, I don’t have writer’s block. However, I’ve had a very busy week on the work front, so I haven’t had time to edit anything. I’ve got tons of stuff written but I love you, my teeny tiny pool of readers, far too much to subject you to anything that hasn’t been edited yet.
So, instead of a well-researched and thoughtfully edited post, today you’re getting a few random insights about what I’m up to these days:
- I just started volunteering at the Aquinas Literacy Center. I’m super excited to have a regular engagement out of the house, meet some new people and work with learners in the community.
- In addition to ruling the world of email marketing, I’m also blogging over at the MobileWork’s Community. Most of it will be pretty work-specific, but if I ever write anything truly excellent, you’ll be the first to know.
- I’ve had Feast! by Daniel and Haley Stewart printed out and on my desk for almost a month now. I need to leaf through it soon because I’ve been in a real food rut lately.
- Look at this cupcake! It’s the size of my face!
- We’ve started a container garden to feed the bunny. We’ve got carrots planted and basil seeds sown.
- Recently, I have come to the conclusion that I’m not in college anymore. This has manifested itself in a strong compulsion to wash my face every night and an increased willingness to volunteer for designated driver duties. (In fact, the last time I was the designated driver, I curled up on the couch at the party, took a nap and read a few chapters of Theology of the Body for Beginners. So I’m not just old, I’m an old nerd.)
Happy Weekend, Friends! If you’re celebrating St. Patrick’s Day, enjoy yourself and stay safe!